Kilkenny GAA Sport Science / Player Athletic Development Internship (Flexible 3 - 9 months)
• The Intern will play a role in the implementation of Sports Science support with Kilkenny GAA under the guidance of the full-time performance staff.
• The intern will work as part of a team, in conjunction with other full-time and voluntary personnel, to deliver the Kilkenny GAA performance support objectives.
• Under the guidance of Kilkenny GAA performance staff, the post holder will play an active role in:
o Performance coaching.
o Monitoring and testing athletes.
o Delivery of age appropriate strength & conditioning programmes for various teams (e.g. development squads, post primary school and club teams).
There is a selection of internships available to choose from:
• 4 hours per week internship
o The post holder will be required to work a maximum of 4 hours per week.
o Contact hours will be primarily be Saturdays (e.g. development squad sessions).
o The hours may vary depending on workload and seasonal changes (maximum 4 hours per week).
• 8 hours per week internship
o The post holder will be required to work a maximum of 8 hours per week.
o Contact hours will be primarily daytimes & weekends (e.g. development squad sessions & post primary schools).
o The hours may vary depending on workload and seasonal changes (maximum 8 hours per week).
• 12 hours per week internship
o The post holder will be required to work a maximum of 12 hours per week.
o Contact hours will consist of daytime, evening & weekends (e.g. post primary school teams, development squad and club sessions).
o The hours may vary depending on workload and seasonal changes (maximum 12 hours per week).
• Design & delivery of strength & conditioning programmes.
• Delivery of player educational content, including practical workshops and lectures.
• Assist in the regular fitness testing for development squad, post primary school and club players.
• Liaise with County Games Development Personnel & attend meetings and personnel training as required, to support the development of the function and the role.
• Update and monitor the Smartabase Player Monitoring System.
• The candidate should have an interest in strength & conditioning.
• The candidate should be a member of a GAA club and have previous coaching experience.
• Foundation or Award 1 GAA Coaching Course would be an advantage.
• Good administrative & IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages & systems.
• Good communication & presentation skills (verbal & written).
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects & deadlines; hands-on approach to getting things done.
• Access to own transport.
• Please note these positions are subject to Garda Vetting.
• The successful candidate will receive full training for this role.
• The candidate will receive a qualification in Resistance Training for Youth GAA Players.
• The candidate will be mentored throughout the duration of the role by full-time performance staff.
Candidates interested in the above positions should apply by sending their Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
Application closing date: 5:00pm Wed 25th October. (Interviews Friday 27th. October)