Press Release – From Wexford Gardai and Wexford GAA
Advice from An Garda Siochana/ Wexford County Board to Supporters travelling to the Leinster Hurling Semi-Final between Wexford and Kilkenny on Saturday the 10th of June 2017 at Innovate Wexford Park
- Throw in at 7.00p.m.
- Gates Open at 3.30 p.m.
- All Supporters are encouraged to come early and not to leave it to the last minute and to car pool where possible.
- Traffic/ Parking Restrictions will be in place around Innovate Wexford Park with particular restrictions around the residential areas of Corish Park, Liam Mellows Park, Whiterock View, Woodfield, Ashfield Drive, Beechlawn, Pineridge, Clonard Road & Summerhill.
- Garda will be on duty on specific points and on mobile patrol to ensure that no parking breaches occur, for example parking on double yellow lines, on footpaths etc. Gardai will issue tickets and tow vehicles away in instances were parking breaches occur and where access to homes of local residents or emergency routes are blocked.
- Designated Parking facilities provided at Clonard Church, St Peters College, North End Soccer Club, Clonard GAA Pitches and Public Car Parking Facilities in Wexford Town and its Environs. Limited parking also available in and around the Whitemill Industrial Estate.
- Patrons coming to this event must have a valid ticket to gain entry to the match. This applies to all supporters including children (babies) regardless of age. This will be strictly enforced by GAA Officials.
- Due to the large crowd, supporters should be cognisance that delays can be expected and we would ask all motorists to be patient as it will take time for traffic to disperse.
- Only official Leinster Council GAA Car Pass Holders will be allowed access to the ground.