Please find attached details for this Saturday 6th and Saturday 13th July for the U9 Club jersey Festival Finals day. (Both days detail on U9 Club GO Games Festival Finals File)
Please read all details carefully and we do hope all have a thoroughly enjoyable and competitive mornings of action.
Finally we would ask all clubs to take a photo of their club players in their club gear, with their #Blackandamber participation cert along with their U9 Coaches and tweet out on your club twitter account over the next 2 Saturdays.
Thanks to all involved in the recent U9 #Blackandamber days for working together on this initiative.
Also attached U-11 Fixtures – GAMES HERE CAN BE PLAYED DURING THE WEEK IN CASE OF ANY CLASHES WITH LOCAL EVENTS OR U9 FIXTURES.
Finally reminder the Cúl Camp season is upon us and places can still be booked on line at the remaining venues by logging on at kelloggsculcamps.ie Please pass on to your coaches, who might promote in your club with their various club teams.
U-9 Go Games Festival Days 2019
MW HIRE TRAINING CENTRE DUNMORE
Saturday – 6th July
- Each Club will have the opportunity to have TWO Teams Playing on two pitches side by side in Kilkenny GAA’s Training Centre MW HIRE Training Centre Dunmore. Teams are to be of mixed ability – Not an “A” and a “B” Team.
- For clubs with smaller numbers we will have one pitch ready.
- We planned this to be a CLUB JERSEY GAME but just in case of low numbers due to holidays, EVERY CLUB is also asked to bring their “BLACK AND AMBER” Bibs as well. This way we can guarantee all players games. THANK YOU. Clubs please bring “Club jersies” and “Black and Amber” bibs.
- Each club will have One Hurling Game – 15 minutes a half. AND a 10 minute game of Gaelic Football after that. Teams will be 7/ 9/10/11/12 a –side (as designated by club numbers).
- If a club has subs, subs are to be rotated, so that a player is only taken off once during the game. It is vital clubs are in place ready to start on appointed time to ensure smooth running of the afternoons activity.
- First Half – Ground Striking and Rise and Strike (No Catching) – Second Half – Full Hurling.
- Player who is fouled takes the free,
- Nearest player to the sideline, takes the sideline.
- Bad language is discouraged on the pitch and on the sidelines.
- Each player will be presented with a “Certificate” at the end of the game.
- Transition year students will referee the games.
- We would ask mentors to shake hands with opposing mentors before and after the game.
- Players to shake hands before and after the game.
- Remember for some players it will be their first time playing in MW Hire TC Dunmore in their club jersey.
- We all should try to make it a memorable occasion for players/coaches and parents.
- On EXITING MW HIRE TRAINING CENTRE DUNMORE, we would ask you all to turn LEFT, head to the roundabout.
- ALL DRIVERS take extra care on approach/leaving MW Hire Training Centre Dunmore, as young players/ supporters will be in and around the car parking areas.
By Mary Morgan Tue 2nd Jul