Admin Login

Minor Round-up

By Mary Morgan Tue 25th Aug

Kilkenny Honda Centre Minor A Hurling Championship Quarter Final:24-8-2020

Galmoy/Windgap  2-20Mooncoin  3-10

What a pity that so few people were present to witness this top class game of minor hurling in Windgap on Monday night last. Two determined teams served up a hugely competitive encounter that demonstrated championship hurling in its most impressive form. Having beaten O Loughlins, a week previously, Mooncoin came to Windgap fully intent on extending their championship journey. And they were the most determined team from the off. With Adam Croke having a super game on the half forward line it was obvious that the visitors meant business. The opening moments were evenly contested with Croke and James O Keeffe both hitting a brace of points while Zak Kennedy and Billy Drennan did likewise from play for Galmoy/Windgap, A good one two movement between Killian Enright and Gearóid Phelan ended with Phelan pointing from the left wing to leave Galmoy/Windgap ahead 0-5 to 0-4 at the first waterbreak. Sean Purcell had a huge opening quarter for the hosts with some tremendous catches and intelligent clearances. Zak Kennedy did have a goal chance in the 10thminute but struck straight at the ‘keeper.

In the 20th minute, Mark Finn sent a long ball into the Galmoy/Windgap square. After some confusion between the defenders, James Aylward, operating at full forward, reacted quickest to strike a ground shot to the net, Mooncoin 1-4  Galmoy/Windgap 0-5. Three points in succession from the impressive Croke stretched that lead, before Billy Drennan set up Sean Barron for a neat point to arrest the slide. Drennanadded a free following a foul on Blade O Gorman. A minute later, Drennan set O Gorman free with a sharp handpass, only for Kevin Doyle to bring off an excellent save from O Gorman.Just on the stroke of half time, Mooncoin had a tonic score when Kieran O Hanlon hit a cracking goal to leave Mooncoin with a healthy half time lead 2-8 to 0-7.

A stern half time talk had the desired effect on the Galmoy/Windgap boys as they began the new half with renewed enthusiasm. During  a spell when Mooncoin hit three frees wide,four different Galmoy/Windgap players hit a point each .Billy Drennan converted a free won by Adam O Shea. Blade O Gorman pointed after receiving a Matt Delaney pass. Karl McCoy gathered a Gearóid Phelan line ball to set up Sean Barron and Zak Kennedy hit a decent point after a solo through the middle. The all important goal eventually came. Billy Drennan’s goalbound shot was superbly saved by Kevin Doyle but Adam O Shea pounced to strike the sliotar home and level the game 1-11 to 2-8 in the 37th minute. Game on!

The pace of the game  had gone up more than a few notches now with some excellent performances all round. Sean O Dwyer and James O Keeffe were very good for Mooncoin while David Sherman and Calum Lonergan were now defending with purpose for the hosts. All the while, both Croke and Drennancontinued to impress in their respective forward divisions. Two Drennan frees brought a lone reply from James O Keeffe to leave just one point in it at the last waterbreak, Galmoy/Windgap 1-13 Mooncoin 2-9.

Drennan then turned it on, to hit three points in succession despite intense pressure from the opposing defenders. In the 39thminute, James O Keeffe fielded superbly above his opponent on the left wing, turned and set sail for goal with only one thing on his mind. Mooncoin back in front 3-9 to 1-14. 

The introduction of young Conor Doyle proved a masterstroke for Galmoy/Windgap as he won a vital free and battled exceptionally hard to retain the ball up front. That free was converted by Billy Drennan, who moments later fielded a ball 50 metres from goal. Just as we expected a point, Drennanturned on the burners through the Mooncoin defence to strike a sizzler to the roof of the net. Game over! Adam O Shea and Blade O Gorman concluded the scoring to what was a thoroughly enjoyable competitive game of minor hurling.

Galmoy/Windgap:James Purcell, James Darcy,Sean Purcell, Jamie Joy , Gearóid Phelan(0-1),David Sherman , CalumLonergan , Sean Barron(0-2) ,Matt Delaney, Killian Enright,Billy Drennan(1-10,0-5 frees), Adam O Shea(1-2), Zak Kennedy(0-3),Karl McCoy, Blade O Gorman(0-2).

Subs used: Colman Moloney for Jamie Joy (inj)  44mins and Conor Doyle for Karl McCoy 45 mins.

Mooncoin:Kevin Doyle,Matt Murphy,Alan Walsh,ShaunSutton,Liam Hogan,Sean O Dwyer,Robert Finn,ParaicMurphy(0-1),Michael Ryan,Mark Finn,Adam Croke(0-6,0-4 frees),Luke Ramasawmy,Kieran O Hanlon(1-0),James Aylward(1-0),James O Keeffe(1-3)

Referee : Stephen Delaney (Graigue Ballycallan)


Minor B 


Erins Own 1-11 Kilmacow 2-14


It was the north versus the south as Kilmacow travelled to Castlecomer to play their rivals Erins Own in the first round of the Minor B Hurling Championship.  A place in the quarter final would be the prize for the victorious team.


Kilmacow playing against the wind got the first score of the game, with a converted point from play by James Walsh.    Shortly afterwards Shane Holden, the Erins Own goalkeeper had to be at his best and made a good save from a shot from Ted Doyle.  Both goalkeepers were kept busy in the opening quarter with Sean Dowling also having to save from a batted shot from Michael Brennan after Tommy Coogan played a high speculative ball into the square.   Erins Own opened their scoring with a point from a 21 yard free which was converted by Michael Brennan.   Dev Lowe for Kilmacow continued to deliver some excellent passes to his forwards, and on the 15th minute Kilmacow got the opening goal with Harry Twomey shooting to the Erins Own net after great defending by Liam Lacey who found the goal scorer with a long delivery from defence.  Erins Own responded well with further points from Michael Brennan and Ashley Kerr to lead Kilmacow by one point at the water break.  On the resumption of play, Erins Own opened the scoring with a point from centre back Shane Coogan from a 65.   This seemed to spur Kilmacow on who got six points without reply, with James Walsh and Tadhg Connolly contributing to these scores.  Half time score was 1-08 to 0-07 in favour of Kilmacow.


Kilmacow were first to score in the second half, almost straight from the throw in, with a point from play from James Walsh.  Erins Own responded with a point by Michael Brennan from a free.  Kilmacow’s second goal came shortly after, as a high dropping ball wasn’t dealt with and crossed the Erins Own goal line with a scoreline of 2-09 to 0-08 in favour of Kilmacow.  Both goalkeepers were again tested in the second half, making vital saves to deny their opponents,and to keep their teams in contention.  Shane Holden, Erins Own goalkeeper saving  shots  from Ted Doyle and James Walsh, while Sean Dowling dealt superbly well with a number of high dropping balls into his goalmouth and a low hit free from Shane Coogan.  Kilmacow’s David William battled hard, and won some tough battles throughout the second half, as points became hard to come by with both defences working hard to deny their men.  Erins Own forwards battled hard with points from Ashley Kerr and Michael Brennan and their efforts were finally rewarded in the last few minutes of the game when Erins Own got their first goal.  However, points from Josh Mate from play, a just reward for all his hard work throughout the game and a free from Tom Reddy helped Kilmacow to victory.  Kilmacow proved to be too strong on the night with Sean Dowling, Donnacdha Williams, Liam Lacey, Tadhg Connolly, James Walsh and Harry Twomey leading by example.  Erins Own battled to the end and Shane Holden, Shane Coogan, Ashley Kerr, Michael Brennan, Tommy Coogan, Kiel McGowan and Michael Brennan all performed well.  Kilmacow progress to the quarter finals on a scoreline of 2-14 to 1-11.  


Clara 0-17 Ballyragget 0-18. A tight tense affair in Clara ultimately decided by a pointed free from the Ballyragget keeper. Clara were 4 points up at half-time and probably should been a bit further clear and that would ultimately cost them as Ballyragget clawed their way back into the match to finally hit the front in the last few minutes.


Meanwhile in Urlingford Declan o Farrell open the score board after 15secs with a pint from play. Pint for pint in the first 15 mins in a thrilling fast paced game. Just before half time Dicksboro were 3 pints ahead and a well taken goal by darragh Queally left the teams level at half time. Dicksboros backs played well against the pressure of the emeralds forwards but emeralds been the stronger team in second half keeping ahead with the score. Strong performances from midfielder Killian Doyle, centre half forward Darragh Queally and left corner back Micheál Ahern. Final score Emeralds 2-12 Dicksboro 0-11. Emeralds scorers: Killian Doyle 1-5 (1-3 from play) Alex Burke 0-5 (0-3 from play) Darragh Queally 1-2 (1-1 play). Scorers for Dicksboro included Declan o Farrell, Kevin Moore, Sean Knox and strong free taker Matthew Kelleher.


Minor C 

Lisdowney 3-18 Carrickshock 1-10


Played in excellent conditions on a fine evening, just an hour before Storm Francis broke, this game was certainly a case of the scoreline not telling the full story. But Lisdowney had a habit of getting crucial scores at the right time, and that kept them in control on the scoreboard throughout. They started the brighter and raced into a 0-6 to 0-2 lead at the first water break, with Eibhin McEvoy and Willie Cahill combining well. But Carrickshock came out the stronger after the break and a couple of long range frees from Padraig Lennon settled them into the game. They were starting to threaten goal, especially from Shane Fennelly’s pacy runs but Jamie Thornton was holding firm at full back. Feeding off one of Shane’s runs Padraig sent over a beauty off the left wimg, then Oisin Doyle’s Trojan work rate was rewarded with a score from the other side to leave 3 points between them approaching half time. Just on the stroke of half time Lisdowney produced the score of the game – they worked the ball down the left wing, creeated space in the middle for Killian Dunne to race onto a beautiful cross field pass and he made no mistake. The battle on the edge of the square between Lisdowney full forward Eibhin McEvoy and his oppisite number James O Shea was one of the highlights throughout the game. Eibhin finally got the better of his man a few minutes into the 2nd half to goal and suddenly there was 10 points between them. Their dangermen on the wings, Charlie Brennan and Andrew McEvoy were also chipping in with some fine scores in this spell. But Carrickshock weren’t finished, Josh Dineen now operating at midfield combined with the ever dependable Sean Moore to  help stem the tide and create some goal chances. When Padraig Lennon burrowed through to finally find the net, it gave a brief glimmer of hope for the never say die Shocks. But Lisdowney continued to work the ball through the lines, and Richard McEvoy at centre wasn’t phased. As if to prove it, he sent over a free from well inside his own 65 to help keep Lisdowney in the driving seat. While Carrickshock battled to the end, the margin was too great to worry Lisdowney, who move on to a semi final with plenty of belief.


Lisdowney :

1 James McEvoy

2 Tadgh phelan

3 Jamie Thornton

4 Oisin O’Connor

5 Harry Kennedy

6 Richard McEvoy

7 Alan dunphy

8 killian Dunne

9 Brandon brophy

10 Charlie Brennan

11 willie Cahill

12 Andrew McEvoy

13 darragh burns

14 eibhin McEvoy

15 dara O’Sullivan


Tadgh blanchfield

Seamus Murphy

Conor ogorman

James comerford

Stephen Cahill



Edward Dwyer

William Hogg

Ryan Grace

Stephen Neville

Sean Moore

Darragh Dwyer

Padraig Lennon

Oisin Doyle

Joseph Aylward

Shane Fennelly

James Conway

Jake Power

Josh Dineen

Michael O’Shea


Sean O’Toole

Paddy Corr (inj)


John Lockes vs Tullaroan 

John Locke Park Monday 24th August 2020 


Tullaroan raced into an early lead in what proved to be a fairly one sided affair in the first half, but the Callan men regained their composure in the second half and rallied superbly to get back in contention, making for a thrilling and nail biting finish. The Lockes men took the honours when the two sides met previously in round two of the competition, but it was the Tullaroan men who had the edge on this occasion, and held enough in reserve to hold on for the victory. 

Tullaroan opened the scoring in the first half and by the time the first water break came around, they led by 1-7 to John Lockes 0-2. A goal from the Tullaroan corner forward (13) and an impressive display of free taking from the centre forward, set them up nicely. Callan missed a couple of goal chances after the water break but were starting to get back into the game a little more. A second goal from Tullaroan knocked the Callan men back. Tullaroan finished the half 9 points clear of the home team. 

The half time pep talk certainly worked as the Callan men came out in force after the break, and scored 6 unanswered points, and were unlucky not to raise the green flag on a couple of occasions again. Unfortunately, a miss hit penalty Callan were awarded 13 minutes into the half dribbled harmlessly wide, and with it a chance to level the game was lost. The Tullaroan No. 11 answered with two points straight after, and when the ref called for a second water break, Tullaroan were still leading by 5 points.  

Switching centre back Adam O’Sullivan up to centre forward and bringing Ciaran Phelan back in his place for the final quarter really paid dividends for the Lockes, and after being disallowed a goal for a square ball, they were unlucky not to get closer, but the Tullaroan men had that bit extra on the night and held out to win 2-15 to John Lockes 0-16. 


Mullinavat minors recorded a hard fought victory over Barrow Rangers this evening in Mullinavat. In what was a  very entertaining game Barrow Rangers were first to score with Joseph Healy hitting the mark. George O Connor levelled things up from a free before Healy again put Rangers in front. Noah Scully doubled the lead before a Shane Aylward point and a George O Connor free levelled the game again. The illustrious Joseph Healy pointed again to put Rangers ahead by the minimum at the waterbreak.

The second quarter carried on in the same vein, Conor Hanlon (free) and Dylan Huntston scoring for Rangers with George O Connor (x2) and Killian Dungan scoring for the Vat leaving the game all square at halftime. A pointblank save from Jack Doyle from a Shane Aylward effort ensured parity at the break.

Mullinavat started the second half with 3 unanswered points a free from George O Connor followed by 2 from play by CJ Fitzpatrick. Evan Rudkins for Rangers and Cormac McEvoy for Mullinavat swapped points before Conor Hanlan (free) and another from Rudkins levelled things. A brace from George O Connor left the Vat 2 up at the final waterbreak.

This would prove to be a lead Mullinavat would not surrender. Joseph Healy (2) and Conor Dermody were the scorers for Rangers who could have hit the net on 2 occasions but drew fine saves from James O Keeffe in the Mullinavat goal. Shane Aylward (2) George O Connor and CJ Fitz added the final quarter scores for the home side to leave them 3 point Victor’s on a scoreline of 0_16 to 0_13.



Barrow Rangers

Jack Doyle, Eoin Fitzpatrick,  Conor Dermody, Martin Drea, Darragh Carpenter,  Shane Wall, Paul Delaney,  Noah Scully,  Evan Rudkins, Dylan Huntston, Shane Hanlon, Cathal Purcell, Joseph Healy, Patrick Wade, Patrick Purcell. Subs Niall Carpenter,  Conor Dunne, James Kealy, Liam Healy, Cormach Hogan, Gavin Kelly,  Joey McEvoy,  Cain Scully.



James O Keeffe, Michael Holden, Donncha Walsh, Patrick Walshe, Michael Delahunty, Peter McDonald,  Johnathan Morrissey, Killian Dungan, Darragh Davis, CJ Fitzpatrick, George O’Connor, Shane Aylward, Conor Power, Cormac McEvoy, Jamie Davis, subs, Dylan Dungan for J Morrissey, Thomas Evans for J Davis, Sean O’Malley, Jamie Dempsey, Jamie Walshe, Brandon Breen, Mickey Slattery.



O’Loughlin Gaels 5-7 

Young Irelands 2-7


On a day the entire country was questioning the government’s latest guidelines regarding attendance at sporting games; who can go? How many are allowed at underage games? etc the U15 Young Irelands and O’Loughlin Gaels teams were pitted against each other in this do or die championship game. Young Irelands did a superb job at enforcing the latest guidelines. What should have been a well supported game, was a very sparsely attended match, as parents adhered to the latest laws. The damp, dark evening was not enticing to supporters either.

Young Irelands got off to a great start with 5 points scored in the first fifteen minutes by Ben Phelan and Jamie Carter. However, the “water-break” broke their momentum and O’Loughlins retaliated in the second quarter scoring 3 goals (Eoghan Bennett, Eoghan O’Brien and Greg Kelly) and 2 points (Rory Galway & Greg Kelly). The half-time score was O’Loughlin Gaels 3-2. Young Irelands 0-5.

Young Irelands battled hard in the second half, Ben Phelan scoring 2 goals and 2 points. However, the O’Loughlin Gaels side powered on scoring 2 more goals and Greg Kelly pointed 5 points to give the Gaels a convincing 9 point lead at full time.

Bobby Brennan and Shane Simpson were stalwarts in defence for Gowran, while Diarmuid Langton, Ben Phelan and Cian Phelan worked tirelessly for Young Irelands. Greg Kelly Jeff Tyrell and Eoghan O’Brien stood out for O’Loughlins. Best of luck to O’Loughlin Gaels as they progress to the next round against James Stephens. 


Dicksboro got their U15 Championship campaign off to a win against a very determined Erins Own team. This game was played in a dark stormy night in Palmerstown on Wednesday Evening.

The Boro lads started well and sharpshooter Tom Mcphilips drew a brilliant save out of the Comer keeper in the first 5 minutes.

Dicksboro played with the wind and led at half time 2-05 to 0-01. The boro goals coming from Tom Mcphilips and Killian Dollard.

In the second half the Comer men started well and scored 1-02 without reply. Killian Dollard scored his second goal of the game to see the Boro lads into the semi finals next week.This young side  Comer side continued to battle away and finished strong at the end. The final score Dicksboro 3-13 Erins Own 2-05.


Graigue Ballycallan  ran out easy winners when they took on Tullogher Rosbercon in a very one sided game tonight in Tom Ryall Park.  Final score was 4.18 to 0.3.  Marty Murphy & Sean Ryan got on the score board for the visitors with JJ Ryan, Aidan Lawlor, Ryan Murphy & Andrew Murphy fighting hard to the end.  

2 goals from Aaron McEvoy in the first 5 mins of the game set the tone for his decider & the same player finished early with 3.10 in the bag.  The hard working Jeff Neary was very effective in the middle of the field.  The other scores came from Tony Butler 1 goal.  Jeff Neary, Sean Casey & Billy O’Neill 2 points each & Ryan Corcoran.  When tested in the dying seconds of the game, Sean McGrath in the goal for GBC pulled off a fine save.  

Overall, it was a fine performance from GBC who now progress to the next round.


Roinn B 

GalmoyWindgap  5-17  Thomastown  3-7

Despite the wintry conditions, this U-15 game in Windgap last Wednesday night proved to be  a very entertaining encounter. Galmoy/Windgap faced the breeze in the first half, but some very good team play saw them lead 1-9 to 1-4 at half time. After ten minutes, they lead 0-6 to a lone Thomastown reply from Conor Monks. Both goalkeepers had earned their crust by the end of the first quarter.Thomastown’s Evan Wilson had blocked a piledriver from Conor Doyle while at the other end Eoin O Shea had denied Dara Lee. In the 22nd minute, Thomastown got the goal that kept them in the game, when Conor Monks finished off a Dara Lee delivery.The impressive Cian Farrell and CathalTreacy,two frees, continued the Thomastown revival. Niall Drennan and Conor Doyle were doing most up front for the hosts and both players were involved in the final move of the half that saw Ronan O Brien superbly first time volley a Drennan pass to the net to leave his side five points up at the interval. Conor Darcy had been excellent in defence with James Purcell and John Dermody also hitting a number of clearances for the home team. Jack O Shea too, impressed at midfield. Thomastown had switched their central defenders after just ten minutes in a bid to contain the threat of the Galmoy/Windgapmarksmen.

A 34th minute foul on Jack O Shea lead to Niall Drennan’s free from 50 metres going all the way to the Thomastown net.,ConorDoyle added a brace, before he finished off a good solo with a sweet shot to the net from 20 metres, 3-12 to 1-4. Thomastowndidn’t give up however and were rewarded in the 40th minute when Cian Farrell, now operating in the full forward line, kicked the sliotar to the net. Another Farrell goal in the 45th minute left it 3-14 to 3-4 at the second waterbreak. Two further points from Cian Farrell and Cathal Treacy reduced the deficit further, but Galmoy/Windgap finished strongly with goals from midfielder Cian O Rourke and Niall Drennan to advance to a quarter final meeting with The Rower Inistioge..

Galmoy/Windgap:Eoin O Shea, Conor Darcy , James Purcell,John Dermody, Rohan Lonergan,Colman Moloney , Noah O Shea , Jack O Shea(0-1), Cian O Rourke(0-1), Niall Drennan(2-6,1-3 frees),  Evan Doyle, (1-1), Darragh Doyle,Ronan O Brien(1-1), Conor Doyle(1-7, 0-1 free) P J Delaney.

Subs: George Culleton for Conor Darcy 45 mins, Michael Freaney for P J Delaney 47 mins,Fionn Lonergan for DarraghDoyle 47 mins, 

Thomastown: Evan Wilson,Matthew Cullen,RoryConnellan,Jimmy Maher,Oisín O Reilly,Alex Cass,AlexBegley,Cian Farrell(2-2),Cormac Moore,Frank Kavanagh,DaraLee,Eanna O Keeffe,Conor Monks(1-1),Colm Treacy(0-4,0-2 frees), Cathal O Driscoll.

Subs: Josh O Hara for Conor Monks 54 mins, Conor Kelly for Cathal O Driscoll 54 mins and Cathal O Driscoll for Rory Connellan 58 mins.

Referee: Paul Cahill (Dunnamaggin)




Kilmacow 6-13 Barrow Rangers 4-06

With a temporary break in the rainswept complex and a tie against Graignamanagh up for grabs in the next round of the championship it was Kilmacow who shot out of the blocks in the first quarter to build a handsome lead that they would never relinquish.

Barrow Rangers had no time to settle into the game as they were hit for 2-02 inside the opening 5 mins with Jack Butler and Eoin Aylward doing the early goal damage and smart finish over the bar from Aaron Cass following good build up play..

The tide was temporarily stemmed when Darragh Carpenter found the net to register Barrow Rangers first score on 6 minutes quickly followed by a Cathal Purcell point.

Calum Regan got Kilmacow back into the ascendancy with a point from play in the 8th minute and only a top class save by the Barrow Rangers net minder, Shane McDonald denied the same player a goal. David Williams found his range to send over the resultant 65.

Despite good work by the Barrow Rangers full Back line Jack Butler finished off a fine goal following a neat touch to lose his marker. Kilmacow registered two further points from play from distance, Gearoid Long’s effort particularly noteworthy with a cool finish under pressure.

Barrow Rangers began to see more of the ball in the last few mins before the water break without getting the justified reward on score board however Conor Bourke who worked tirelessly throughout the game was rewarded with a super score from play from 45 yards.

Both defences got on top after the water break with excellent work in particular by Shane Morrissey, Killian Blanche and David Sheridan in the Kilmacow goal in the 24th minute denying Barrorw Rangers from adding to their goal tally.

Jack Butler capped off a super first half performance with the pick of his goals coming in the 28th minute following a powerful Shane Morrissey surge up the field and pinpoint delivery to the full forward.

Cathal Purcell tapped over a free for his second score of the night to keep the Paulstown lads in touch with the wind to favour them in the second period.

The second half was a much more competitive affair and Barrow Rangers laid down a marker in the 2nd minute of the half with a goal mouth scramble resulting in a goal to narrow the score but they will rue a couple of missed goal opportunities which could have closed the gap earlier in the second half as they gained momentum with their hardworking forwards Conor Dunne, Patrick Wade and Eoin O’Neill.

With the Kilmacow backs under intense pressure Eden Gillespie, Caoilin Kelly, Eoin Murray made some timely interceptions and Tom Reddy marshalled the half back line making a number of key clearances to avert the dangerous Barrow advances.

David Williams picked off a couple of points to keep the scoreboard ticking over for Kilmacow before Noah Scully struck for a third Barrow goal 10 minutes before time was up.


However, Kilmacow were able to regain control in the closing period as the Barrow lads hard work to get back into the game eventually took its toll and good work upfront by Kevin Phelan and Conor Whelan allowed spaced to be created for further points to be tagged on. The final 3 minutes produced three goals, one in favour of Barrow Rangers and 2 in favour of Kilmacow both netted by David Williams.

A deserved win for Kilmacow in the end but credit to Barrow Rangers for not giving up despite the early set back.




          Erins Own 5-8 ; Dicksboro Maroon 0-5.  The Comer boys bossed from the start to make it two wins from two in a fine exhibition of top class hurling. Dominant throughout Erins Own laid the foundations for this win thanks to a solid defence with Mark Kennedy leading by example at full back, he was well supported by centre back Bobby Brennan with 10 year old wing back John Brennan surely a star in the making. At centre field top scorer Robert Coogan was in sparkling form cool, calm and collective and busy as a bee up and down the field of play. Early goals from Aaron Phelan and Luke Connery set the boys in blue on their way with Robert Coogan and Kevin Buggy also finding the net. A couple of frees from the accurate Kevin Buggy and an out of the top-drawer long-range point from John Brennan left Comer in the ascendency 4-3 to 0-1 ahead at the interval. The city side more than held their own in the second half but the half time deficit was too much to overcome. 



Duggan Steel U-13 Hurling League/Championship  Roinn B 

St Patrick’s Ballyragget 7-14 Galmoy/Windgap 1-9

St Patricks Ballyragget were much too strong for Galmoy/Windgap in this U-13 League clash at Galmoy on Friday evening last. The visitors lead 2-9 to 0-4 at halftime.

St Patricks:Daniel Roberts, Paddy Morrissey,TadhgPhelan,Conor Rocliffe,Kieran Bergin,Charlie Culleton,CianStapleton(0-1),Mark Doheny(1-7,0-2 frees), Evan Neilis,CormacDiver(1-1),Josh Dowling(3-4,0-1 free),Evan Coogan(1-0),Marc Hogan(1-0),Tadhg Butler(0-1),Shay Smith.

Galmoy/Windgap:Darragh Enright,Darragh Houlihan, Alex Culleton, Alyn Hearne, ,Jack O Dwyer(0-1),FionnLonergan,Mikey Saunders,Padraig Egan, Jack Egan(0-1),TadhgKennedy,P J Delaney(1-7,0-1  free),Joe Moloney,Shane Doyle ,Sam Moloney, Ryan Whelan.

Sub: Shane Norris for Darragh Houlihan and  Jack Murray for Tadhg Kennedy 45 mins.

Referee: Owen Beehan (Fenians)


U-13 Roinn C 

St. Martin’s red team took on John Lockes in Callan in the u13 first round game…. the first 15 mins was evenly fought with Callan taking a 1-1 to no score… with a good wind against them, St. Martin’s battle hard to  go in at half time behind 4-3 to 1-1, A goal from Hugh Quirke and point from Thomas McDowell. The second half was again keenly fought with scores from Charlie Ryan (goal) and a point from Darragh Butler. The game finished 6-4 to 2-2.

St. Martin’s team:

Aaron Lawler,  Brian Healy, Paudi Ryan, Rory Moore, Colum Quinlan, Patrick McDowell, Shane Rice, Geoff Dooley,  Ryan Moore,  Patrick Ring, Paudie Hunt, Hugh Quirke, Darragh Butler,  Thomas McDowell,  Luke Gamble… subs (all used) Conal Scully,  Charlie Ryan, Senan Healy, Jamie Dwyer, Matthew Phelan






By Mary Morgan Tue 25th Aug

Related News

View All

Main Partners